Whenever I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead

Before I forget to include this-getting dressed this morning, I was totally at a loss for what to wear when I remembered that one of the most fabulous people in my life ever, Vicki (who has posted here, just not recently) sent me an email this morning with a link to an adorable dress in an attempt to cheer me up (I haven't been at my best the past couple days), and it just so happened to be this dress! Except in a different color.  Which I will now have to resist buying.  So really, it was the most logical choice for getting dressed this morning.  In addition to having to teach her phone the word "cupcakey", she also quoted one of my favorite Neil Patrick Harris characters- "I've been trying to adopt this philosophy (at the very least it always makes me smile): 'Whenever I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.'"

I have sometimes wondered what it would be like if I had started style blogging back in college- more time, more flexibility in my schedule, and most of all- the potential for neat (and safe) locations.  And somehow it took me six months, two beers, and canceled singing practice to realize that there is in fact a college campus ridiculously close to where I spend my days.  And for whatever reason, at least when I've walked through it (to get to the bar where I got those two beers for about $3 total, which is pretty amazing), it doesn't seem like there's a ton of people walking around.  Plus there are arches!


Outfit: Dress, Belt: Ruche, Skirt: Loft, Button-down: Victoria's Secret: Shoes: Target, Flower pin my hair is covering: Self-Made, BAMF Ring and Necklace: Clyde's Rebirth


Lots of arches!  Well, there are definitely a few people walking around, but for whatever reason, it seems like even a girl taking pictures of herself was totally not on their register.  As you can see below, I'm the one giving off the funny look, not the person who walked right past my camera totally unfazed.






I'm excited to get back to posting on a regular basis, since I know that I've been desperately lax on since I've been dealing with some extra stuff going on at work (a weekend conference, a committee meeting, and feelings of inadequacy).  But I'm even more excited about putting up pictures of my new bling from my favorite cat lady's etsy store (although the bf took one look at the ring and said "Is that a rock?  See, this is why I don't know how to buy jewelry for you!")  I've managed to collect some pretty interesting things over the past few years, and I am massively excited to be adding these two pretties.

No comments:

Post a Comment