Sunny shiney sunshine





Outfit: Dress, Cardigan: Anthropologie, Shoes: Gap, Belt: Ruche, Necklace: Urban Outfitters

I have long been a fan of flowers- getting them, trying to keep them alive on my balcony, photographing them, painting them, etc.  Since today is Floral Day on Everybody, Everywear (check out everyone else at the main site), I gleefully threw two of my favorite floral patterned items yesterday (I couldn't pick just one).  Now that we're on the cusp of the absolutely blazing part of summer, every morning when I get ready I want to wear the lightest weight thing possible, so it might not have been the best idea to wear both of these summer favorites at once, since they'll be seeing a lot of wear this summer, but I couldn't resist.  

I attempted to go one step beyond that and track down some florals for my backdrop (although getting them in the frame didn't work out as well as I would have liked, due to the lighting and not wanting to be in the way of foot traffic).  And then I got intimidated out of my spot by a teenager texting, staring at me, and continuously moving closer.  When she sat down on my bench I decided it might be time to leave (also there was a hot dinner waiting for me at home prepared by someone else, which is awesome).  On the side of making me sound like less of a coward, I was able to withstand the previous being stared at really hard (why yes, I do see you looking behind you to look at the weird girl taking pictures of herself.  All four times that you did it. Is it because you think her hair is fabulous?)  Actually, I did really enjoy trying out a new hairstyle (tutorial via Cup of Jo), which I think suits me more so than wearing both braids wrapped over my head.  The really exciting part was the part where the bf complimented it when I was getting ready in the morning- although it's not as bike helmet friendly as I would like.  Are the flowers blooming where you are?


Florals | Everybody, Everywear

No comments:

Post a Comment