Happy Mother's Day

When I was going through my mother's things a few months ago I came across a stash of photos from when she was in her twenties.  Like me, she was never big on having her photo taken, and prone to making silly faces at the camera (like in the second photo, which I absolutely love).



The woman in these photos made me the woman who I am today, and her support and pride in me means so much.  I think about her everyday, and frequently wonder what her opinion would be on what happens to me- the day-to-day trivials that we talked about for hours on the phone as well as the big life-changing stuff.  So a collective thank you and a big hug to all the mothers out there- you're awesome, and what you do has an incredible impact (but I'm sure you already know that :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment