Lately

I don't know if it really counts as a long weekend, since science doesn't really take a vacation (although I did come in late and leave early yesterday, so that was awesome), but it definitely felt luxurious.  Bf turned to me Monday morning and said that every Sunday should be like our Sunday was this weekend- We explored a new bike trail (and I now have some sexy burn lines), spent most of the afternoon alternating between being totally lazy and slowly checking things off of the to-do list, followed by cooking up delicious food in the evening (and bf supplying me with tasty drinks at random).  I really enjoy making food, and it's lovely to have the luxury of a whole evening to cook up a bunch of random and less practical things (things that aren't oh crumb we need to eat in like 15 minutes before we pass out from hunger/start snacking and give up on dinner).  Since I was home yesterday by 5, having that time post-school also felt pretty dang luxurious.

So what did I make this weekend?


Pictured: Strawberry Summer cake (Smitten Kitchen), Tomato, Ricotta, and Basil Galette (Cooking Light magazine), Donut muffins (found via Caffeinerd), Shrimp, tomato, and red pepper pasta

Not pictured: Indian Spiced Vegetable Fritters (Smitten Kitchen), Porch Swing (Smitten Kitchen), Bacon-cheese-corn muffins (Cooking Light)- feel free to email me for any recipes if you're interested


What else have I been up to over the past few weeks?


In addition to bike rides, trivia, and watching the Bachelor with good friends and good drinks, I've been taking blurry pictures and forcing BF to listen to one of my favorite bands live (we hit up the Arcade Fire concert), which was neat because the lead guy is actually from the Woodlands (suburb of Houston and subject of their latest album), and got even neater when he encouraged the audience to move closer to the stage (yesss).


BF and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary with a bike ride (when I got into a fight with a pole and then was ganged up on by the sidewalk and the road) followed by dinner at our favorite sushi place and BF wearing my favorite shirt.


Roadtripping to Austin with a group of awesome dudes (in the middle of the week, even though I'm too old for these sorts of shenanigans) to see Of Montreal (which I love and have missed the past couple times they've come to Houston).   We hit up an amazing sushi place for happy hour, and a couple of great bars and still managed to make up our way close enough to the stage that we were within spitting distance of the band.  I know their music isn't for everyone, but it was probably one of the best concerts I've ever been to, an incredibly fun evening, and totally worth spending six hours in the car and getting home at 3 (okay I fell asleep in the car on the way home- such an old lady).  I felt like I was back in college (in a good way), and I'm so glad that I finally got to see them.

Music, love, and living- May's been a great month for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment