Consider me your life size paper doll

Or at least Louise of Coffee and a Cardigan should.  Seriously girl, any time you want to come look at my closet and dress me, I would be delighted.  Maybe ya'll heard about Erin, Liz, and Suze's venture into real-life paper doll-ing during the last 30 for 30?  Suze decided to organize opening that business up to the internets, and since I was totally in love with not having to pick out what I wore today, I signed myself up and got paired up with the adorable Louise.  You can check out how I dressed her here, which was basically inspired by drawing up a list of things that I highly covet from her closet (lucky for her we live on opposite sides of the country and aren't the same size).

I asked her to style up one of my favorite, but least worn skirts from Anthropologie, which I struggle to style.  I big red puffy heart this skirt, even though it doesn't follow my personal rules for flattery.  I couldn't be happier with what she chose to style me up in, since it's stuff I hadn't thought of, but I really like how it worked out (although I had to switch things around a tiny bit, since she gave me two options, one of which had tights- it was too warm for that, and the other which suggested high heeled sandals- which I only have in orange).  She even made some suggestions for hair and lipstick, although unfortunately the sun was much brighter than I expected right after I started, so my face pretty much looks like it's in pain in most of the shots (I need to get me a Monkeyface!)


Outfit: Skirt, Cardigan: Anthropologie, Shirt: Kohl's, Shoes: Modcloth, Necklace: Gift, Purse: Swapped!





Okay, confession time- I switched out of the heels for flats for the day after taking pictures, because I am not someone who is able to wear 4 inch heels for a full day of work.  On the bright side, playing dress-up allowed me to bring out this purse, my favorite acquisition from the TxSCC swap in Austin (which is also impractical for biking to work).

For more paper doll project participants, check out these links!

dolls


Paper Doll Project partners!

No comments:

Post a Comment