Fighting crazy with crazy

Don't get me wrong, I love wearing bright colors, including colored tights, but sometimes, I just don't have something that feels like the right color (I knew I should have gotten more we love colors tights!) and sometimes it's 20 degrees out and you need to not freeze.  To tone down the bright green base layer I threw on a pair of teal/black patterned tights that normally receive a fair few comments on their own.  Their powers combined, I felt like it worked better (and kept me warmer) than either on their own would.  And honestly, having experienced WLC tights, I'm not sure if I can go back.  And someday, I will learn how to take actual detail shots (see Monkeyface and JoAnn's).

The upside of cold and windy days in Houston is that there are very few people in public parks, and the people who are around are just trying to walk through as quickly as they can.  I attempted to use this and my layering powers (I'm like a well-dressed onion) for good, and took more outside photos (hurray tripod, you've changed my life!), although by the end of it my coat had to go back on to avoid freezing.  Both yesterday and today, most of my body has been covered by 3-4 layers, which helps with temporary coatless-ness.


Outift: Shirt: express, Skirt: Anthropologie, Jacket: Banana Republic: Tights: We Love Colors with Target patterned over, Boots: Steve Madden Intyce, Scarf: Gift


I may be a little overexcited about finally going back to outside photos and having the freedom that comes with using a tripod, so warning, there are excessive photos after the jump.  I've also been trying to implement jumps to speed up load time and make blog reading a better, easier experience for you, so please let me know your thoughts on this or if there is anything that would make that happen for you.




I got a little silly at the end, but I'm blaming the cold and an empty playground for this one.  Who could resist an open playground?  You can't see it since it's blending in here, but I've got on my normal school bag - I have many lovely purses, but very few of them are practical for public trans-ing in on a daily basis, so they rarely get out and I never bother to photograph them.  You can also see my large lunchbox (which I usually don't use) that I can fit a half gallon of milk into.  And then be absurdly proud of that fact.

On an unrelated sidenote, I wanted to highlight yesterday's post from JoAnn at Sidewalk Chic on blogging privacy and the discussion in the comments.  If you haven't already read it, I'm suggesting it - as I've involved myself more in the blogging world (signing up for the TxSCC in Austin in March, getting a Twitter account), it's something I've thought about and find interesting to see what other people think- a select few IRL friends know about this here blog, and while I am fascinated when I come across someone I know or used to know in the style blogging world (including today when I unexpectedly found a street style site run by someone I used to know in college), I wouldn't dream of broadcasting this venture to the vast majority of people I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment