Motivation!

So, as it turns out, using the promise of buying a super-cute new coat as motivation to study/do well on an exam is actually a good plan. I totally destroyed my exam today in Metabolic/Endocrine Diseases (at least, destroyed in the vet school sense, which I haven't done in awhile)! I think I'm going to go ahead and buy this coat:
http://www.shopruche.com/day-by-day-double-breasted-coat-p-4076.html
I'm really excited about this! Also, my new favorite product EVER is St. Ives exfoliating facial scrub (I use the one specifically for acne prevention). I bought it on a recommendation and it is FANTASTIC-polishes my skin super-smooth without scraping it raw. Love love LOVE it!

6 comments:

  1. Good choice on the jacket, Vicki! And CONGRATULATIONS on destroying your exam! Celebrate with more cute clothes, booze, and cute boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well, I was looking at attempting to get organized by purchasing a Filofax-they look very adaptable to personal needs, so maybe I'll actually stick to an organizational system for once. I think some people may go out for a beer tonight, but nothing's for sure yet-we may all be asleep by then, and I still have to finish my paper for oncology! Also, hair update: many small braids did NOT work out-my hair took to the idea of waving a little too enthusiastically and I ended up looking like Einstein after a crimping. Ick. I wet it down and diffused it to curly, but I still wasn't totally satisfied, so I pinned it up in a manner I have been told makes me look as though I belong in a Jane Austen novel (I'm assuming this is a good thing) and got many compliments, so it all worked out in the end. Your hair might do better with the idea, though, or maybe if there were fewer braids or they were looser?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Einstein after a crimping!" NICE! Take a picture of your Jane Austen 'do, please; I want to see if I can replicate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seconding on the pictures- I would love to try it out as well (3 girls, 1 hairstyle?)

    Congrats on the jacket and the exam! You're an inspiration to me.

    Heehee...Einstein.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I finish this paper and can restart my computer to activate the software I just installed that will allow me to take a picture with my webcam...I shall post a picture, and we can all share the hairstyle. As long as there are no cups involved I'm good.

    ReplyDelete