30 for 30 wrap-up

Okay, so I know that it has been a crazy amount of time since I began Kendi's 30 for 30, and I wound up posting the last outfit not that long ago. So it seems like I should try to finally put together a composite showing 30 little Heathers wearing different outfits and overthink things a little bit out loud.  




So what did I get out of this experience?  Well, I can tell you that it was much easier for me to get dressed in the morning when I was working with a limited collection.  I didn't miss the clothes that I wasn't wearing much, although I think the fact that most of them were packed up in preparation for moving made this much easier.  I'm still wearing (and love even more) many of the items that were worn throughout this.  I did end up switching out quite a few things- some were things I thought I might substitute, since I wound up ordering a couple pairs of shoes just beforehand and wasn't sure if they would work.  But it would probably be best if I thought my picks through a little bit more to avoid the need for subbing this time around.  I wore everything at least once (although somethings were worn only once), and my MVPs were probably the gray (9 wears)  and brown boots (8 wears and they didn't even arrive until midway through the challenge), the plaid shirt (5), the short black skirt (5) the brown and navy floral dress (5), my striped cardigan (4), and the sweaterdress (4).  I don't think I can pick a favorite outfit, but I'm quite fond of Days 3, 4, 6, 17, and 30 (it's like trying to pick a favorite child).  I wore a skirt as a dress (Day 5), a cape (Day 18), and tricked a halter dress into thinking it had sleeves (Day 30).  I had a lot of fun with my closet.

What I think is even more important is that I had a lot of fun with the community- i found a lot of new blogs and a lot of new people found me (Hi there!), both of which are awesome.  I feel into the time-sucking trap of twitter, I traveled (twice), I moved, and joined FBFF.  All in all, it was a pretty exciting couple of months for me, both blog wise and personally.  And this might be crazy, but I'm planning to do it again (and hopefully quicker) for the winter edition of the remix.  You can officially sign up until tomorrow (Jan 28th) here.  So what did you guys think?  Any suggestions for what I can do better, or things that I should include?  More importantly, are any of you joining me in this?  Much like last time, I'm not too worried about being restrained or remixing- I feel like shopping is much more my weakness than being able to wear things differently (maybe they should use 30 for 30-ing as a rehabilitation for shopaholics?) and I'm looking forward to it being easier in the morning to get dressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment