Day 8 of 30, Grellow and Purple- Grellurple?

I'm not sure if that's as catchy as the grellowvy (grellow plus navy) combination E over at Academichic proposed earlier in the 30 for 30 combination, but they've previously talked about the combination of purple and yellow with their color combination discussions.  Once I threw on something yellow, I had a hard time not adding gray and brown to accessorize.  Full disclosure:  I did not wear the cape during the day- it seemed a bit warm for the bus, so it's to my advantage to wear two jackets for my transit on a cold day- they turn the heat up.  I also added on my gold scarf, which I wore most of the day.  I am however, planning to wear the cape-thing for dinner out with the bf, for which I will now be running late.
Outfit: Dress, Cape-thing: Anthropologie, Shirt: Express, Shoes: Delia's, Socks: Target.

6 comments:

  1. Yellow (or gold) + purple = one of my other favorite color combinations. I was considering decorating my room in this color scheme but was afraid it would look too much like "Aladdin" or the LA Lakers. But that doesn't mean my closet/wardrobe isn't dominated by purple shirts worn with gold accessories!

    I'm glad you are wearing your cape. It is bold and beautiful and looks great on you. Grellowvy sounds a lot like "gravy" to me, but that may be because I'm SO excited for Thanksgiving to be here!

    P.S. Today was another scrubs and moccasins day - my only class was in the PreClin, and I get hella messy when I'm in there. But hopefully at some point this week I will wear real clothes and have an outfit to post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that cape-thing! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That color combination looks fantastic on you, especially that purple! I haven't been brave enough to try this color combination yet (mostly because yellow can be kind of iffy on me), but you definitely pull it off. I don't know the official term for your cape-thingy, but I love that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahah, I don't think I've ever thought of yellow/gold and purple in those ways, but now I'm going to have to accessorize with a lamp (or basketball). I'm not sure how I feel about the gravy term, but I loooove the color combination. Black used to be more go-to color, but now I'm turning to gray a lot. I'm glad I finally got a chance to publicly pull out the cape! Hopefully I'll be able to get more use out of it.

    Thanks V- I know for a fact you can pull off yellow, even the weird shades- I've seen you in that yellow dress and you looked super cute. For what it's worth, I feel like the more marigold yellows are easier to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather! Wow---it definitely is a small world. It looks like we read so many of the same blogs :) I love this cape on you---I tried it on, but it was sadly not a winner on me.

    Hope all is well with you! Good luck with the rest of the 30 for 30.

    ReplyDelete