Day 13 of 30, going public

I knew that there were a couple items I definitely won't be bringing with me home this weekend, so I thought I'd pair them up for today.  I actually hadn't done this previously, but I enjoyed wearing this dress as a skirt.



I was running out of daylight on my way from school to getting my bicycle tire (finally) replaced, so when I spied a green area with trees, I pulled off so I could take some outfit pictures before it got too dark.  As you can see from this direction, this wasn't actually an isolated area out of sight, which would have been nice.  Instead it was next to a reasonably busy road during rush hour, which you can see in the second photo.  Taking pictures in public ftw!
Outfit: Dress as skirt, Boots, Leggings: Target, Shirt: Express, Cardigan: Anthropologie, Belt: unknown, Necklace: Modcloth, Bracelet: Gift

4 comments:

  1. I love this! I really really adore that sweater with a belt on you! Also, it's sometimes a good thing for your picture area to be less isolated-less chance of encountering a serial killer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I never think to try my dresses as skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't is weird taking public pictures. Congrats on doing it!
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge fan of wearing things in a repurposed manner- a lot of this comes from trying to make things more flattering or appropriate for the situation (like in the case of strapless dresses), but it's a fun thing to bring up if someone comments on your clothes (Oh this skirt? It's actually a dress- and you like my bracelet? Thanks, it's actually a necklace), and then you have something to say about it as opposed to awkwardly trying to accept the compliment with grace, plus people think you're creative!

    ReplyDelete